Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 42 of Craft Project a week: Baby's Day Out


I've been incredibly slack in getting my craft projects done these past few weeks (lots of stuff happening here at the moment!!) I promise I will get my craft projects from the past couple of weeks done and up here soon but I wanted to share what I did this weekend before the moment has passed...

Tomorrow our ABA group is celebrating  Baby's Day Out.  This event is nation-wide and is an initiative of the ABA.  It aims to celebrate the place of babies in our community and their right to breastfeed whenever and wherever they wish.  Our local place centre, Eco Playscape, very generously offered to allow our members free entry to the centre for our meeting.  So tomorrrow at 10am we will be meeting up there to celebrate our Baby's Day Out event which I've very much looking forward to!

I've been busy making some things for the event as gifts for the babies and children attending.  I got some bibs from Kmart and simply used an iron on transfer of our official Baby's Day Out logo - they turned out pretty well I think!

Customised bibs for the babies coming!
I also didn't want the older children to miss out so I put together a little organza bag with a couple of balloons with the ABA logo (our group project also which I am in charge of!) and a bottle of bubbles that I printed an ABA sticker for.  Hopefully they will enjoy it! 

Little goody bags for the older kids!
 I'm really hoping that we will have a few new faces there tomorrow!  Our group tends to go up and down with memberships and we could really do with a few more people coming to meetings to energise us breastfeeding counsellors and group leaders a little more! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails