Saturday, June 15, 2013

What to do with a jumper with a broken zip?


I bought this jumper at an op shop recently but after a couple of wears, the zipper broke.  Apart from the zip though, the rest of the jumper is in good condition and I didn't want to just throw it out.  My solution: upcycle it into some pants for Gideon!  Remember these pants I made last year?  Well, that's the basic format I used to make these ones. 

Front of the pants
They're really quite simple to make, no hems or side seams to sew! I simply cut out the sleeves of the jumper, cut out the crotch and sew them together.  Then (to give a bit of a roomier butt seeing Gideon is still in nappies) I add a panel in the middle and put in some elastic.  Simple!  A nice quick and easy project for a Saturday. 

Back of the pants with an extra panel added
Who can resist a cute photo of a nappy butt in tight pants? 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails