Friday, July 22, 2011

Another trip to Emergency!


It was only a few weeks ago that we made a trip to Emergency when Esme burned her hand on the fire but our accident prone little girl has been at it again! This particular trip resulted in two stitches. I have to say, I'm quite surprised that she's managed to make it to almost 3 with no stitches! The particular cut was caused by falling down some inside stairs at a friend's place (during an ABA meeting no less!) I'm not sure exactly how she managed it as I didn't see it happen. I just heard her crying and rushed over to find blood everywhere. I knew as soon as I saw the blood that it was going to be a big cut (Esme doesn't do things by halves!) and yep, it was. So it was off to the hospital to get stitches. Luckily Chris was home that week so he was able to go with her. It was not a pleasant experience with Esme having to be pinned down just to get the gas mask on her. She seemed to bounce back pretty quickly though and was her usual happy self after leaving the hospital!

I am predicting a lot more trips to the hospital with Esme in the future ;)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ouchies!!!! :-(

Sue Walker said...

Oh dear, 2 of mine had head stiches by 3 year so she is doing well, adventourous thing she is! Hope she's healing well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails