I'm working on a big project at the moment which is going to take me a couple of weeks to finish. But I still wanted to make something to put on the blog this week. I decided to undertake a project that I've been planning to do for awhile but hadn't got around to. So this week's project has been some upcycled pants for Gideon!
I bought a jumper from the op shop for a couple of dollars last year. I didn't try it on at the time when I got it as Gideon was in the sling asleep and I didn't want to disturb him. Turns out it was a little too small. So instead of getting rid of it I decided to make it into a pair of pants for Gideon. It was a bit of an experiment but I think it has turned out ok (apart from some very untidy sewing because I wanted to do it quickly!) All I did was cut the sleeves off the jumper, add an extra panel in the middle (I discovered after sewing the sleeves together that an extra panel would be needed for Gideon's big cloth butt) and sew it all together. Then I added a waistband and put some elastic through.
Voila! Some new, and very cheap, pants for Gideon. Using the sleeves has meant the bottoms have a very neat and tidy cuff on them!