Sunday, May 13, 2012

Week 19 of Craft project a week: Tie-dyed goodness and a trade



My lovely friend from Makeya very generously agreed to tie-dye some material for me to use.  I sent her literally metres of material and she dyed it all just beautifully.   I'm really looking forward to creating lots of pretty things from it all!  In return for her dyeing all this material I agreed to make a shirred dress for her little girl (I don't think making a dress is enough payment for all this amazing work though - I'll have to think of some other way to repay her ;)) 

I love the soft pastel colours in this tie-dyed dress

I love shirring and have made a few dresses for Esme using this method before.  This dress was so much fun to make.  This was my friend's choice of dyed fabric and it's just turned out beautifully.  I love the soft pastel colours in this. I'm not so great with making clothes to measure when I don't have a model to try it on so I hope this fits ok!  I made some shoulder tie straps so that it was a little more adjustable than usual ;) 

More suck pads for slings - cute little owls! 

I've also made a couple of suck pads to sell this weekend too - I love getting new orders and making things for others! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails