Sunday, May 27, 2012

Week 21 of Craft Project: Half a house

I've been busy, busy, busy this week trying to finish Jacob's birthday present.  I'm making him a felt playhouse.  I made one for the first time at the end of last year - as a present for my friend's children but I hadn't got around to making one for my own kids yet.  It's a big project so this week I have been working on getting all the sides done.  I finally got them all finished tonight.  Here's a bit of a sneak peak before they are all sewn together to make a proper house (please excuse the quality of the photos  - the flash made the colours look a bit different to what they actually are!)...

The front of the playhouse

The door at the front of the playhouse opens and shuts and the letterbox can be opened to post letters through.
Side one of the playhouse

Side two of the playhouse

 The curtains on the windows open and shut as well - sewing the curtains for both the sides was a whole evenings work!

 
The back of the playhouse

All the pieces of fruit are attached by velcro and can be removed - lots of fun!

I have to get the playhouse finished by Thursday as that's when Jacob's birthday is.  I'm on track so far - fingers crossed I got it all done in time ;)
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails