Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week 24 of Craft project a week: An owl inspired week



It's Gideon's birthday this coming week so we celebrated his birthday today with family and friends.  The theme for his birthday party was owls (yep, I'm one of those parents that love planning their kids' parties and giving them a theme ;))  So, in honour of the occasion I whipped up some little owl pants for him.  I've had this material for ages and used it to make some suck pads for a friend of mine but it also looks great on pants too.  My mother-in-law made a beautiful vest for Gideon too which has an owl pattern knitted into the cable at the front (really must get some photos of it!) 


As well as the pants I made a few things to go with the party bags that we gave out (all owl-themed too of course!)  I made some finger puppets for the boys - an owl and the pussy cat set and a five little owls set.  They were pretty easy to make.  If I had more time I probably would have hand stitched them but I had to resort to the hot glue gun this time to get them done quicker (and even then I was doing them at 2am on the night before the party!!) 

'The Owl and the Pussy Cat' set of finger puppets
'Five Little Owls' set of finger puppets


I found these cute little crocheted owls, hearts and flowers on ebay (I really wish I could say I crocheted these myself but I'm the first to admit that I do not 'do' crochet or knitting - I don't have the patience!!)  So I sewed them on to some t-shirts for the girls.  Simple really! 

Cute little crocheted owls and other bits and pieces!
The t-shirt I made for Esme
 I've got a few more owl inspired ideas too that I will share in the next couple of weeks too! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails