Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 29 of Craft project a week: A new purpose for an old shirt


I've had a lot of fun with my project this week!  I picked up an old shirt from the op shop the other day with the intention of turning it into an apron using an idea from a favourite book of mine 'Sewing Green' by Betz White.  It was lots of fun taking the shirt apart and then watching it all come back together as something new.  The front of the shirt with the buttons forms the front of the apron and the collar makes the waist band with extra material from the back of the shirt being used for the apron's ties.  I think it's quite funky. 
 
Here's a picture of me modelling the apron.  



I made this apron as part of the Pay it Forward Challenge that was going around on facebook earlier this year (more on that later when I've finished all of my projects for it ;)) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails