Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week 30 of Craft project a week: Learning to crochet


This week's craft project is not 'technically' my own craft but I am claiming it as my own seeing it is contributing to something for me.  A while ago I came across a pattern for a crocheted skirt that I fell in love with.  I have always professed that I don't 'do' knitting and crochet (actually, I can do basic knitting I just find it very frustrating and time consuming!)  but I really wanted this skirt.  Usually I can commission my knitting to my mother-in-law but no one in my family actually crochets so I was a bit stuck this time!

Luckily for me, my wonderful and very-crafty-in-his-own-right husband volunteered to learn crochet just so he could make it for me.  Awwwww....He spent a few hours at night on the couch (usually with Gideon asleep on his chest) watching youtube videos until he learnt to do a granny square (right in the picture above).  He has just started to teach himself to do a hexagon which I think he's done quite a good job of.  Good thing too, because the skirt is made up of more than 60 of them.  I predict it might take a while for the skirt to be completed! 

Now I'm busy planning all the other crochet things I want my hubby to make for me.  Somewhere down the track I might get him to teach me how to do it too but for the moment I'm happy to have someone make things for me.  I'm so impressed that he managed to pick it up so quickly (I'm sure it would have taken me a LOT longer!!)  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails