Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week 49 of Craft Project a week: Sweet lil' cherry dress


I saw this two summer sundress pattern a little while ago and knew straight away that I wanted to make it for Esme.  Even better, I already had enough of this sweet cherry fabric sitting in my fabric container (I knew there was a reason I stockpile fabric!)  This cute dress is made using a knitted top and a skirt sewn to the bottom.  Since I am (by my own confessions) not a knitter I commissioned the knitting over to my Mother-in-law.  The skirt part was pretty easy to sew but putting it all together and sewing the ribbon/buttons onto it was a little tricky especially since the knitted part stretches a lot.  I'm thinking of replacing the buttons with red snaps down the track. 

The back view of the dress
It does, however, look very cute on.  And the best thing about it is that it will last her a couple of years!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails