Sunday, May 8, 2011

Handmade Mother's Day Gifts

I've written before about why we choose to only give handmade gifts for Mother's Day so I won't bore you with the details again. This was my present from the kid's for Mother's Day this year - a flower pot painted by them complete with paper flowers. I love it and it looks so pretty on my bedside table!

Hand painted flower pots for Nanny and Nanna.

We also painted flower pots for Nanny and Nanna as well this Mother's Day. They were very easy for the kids to do. All we did was cover them with a layer of PVA and let them dry before we painted them so they were water proof.

Jacob was very proud of the pot he decorated!

We made some paper flowers to go in the pots too. These paper flowers were really easy to make and look really effective. We used the instructions from here although I cut the squares a lot smaller than what they recommend.

Happy Mother's Day to all the other Mums out there!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails