Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

Although we didn't do anything particularly exciting for Mother's Day this year, it was a lovely day. Chris cooked a very yummy breakfast of apple slices with caramel sauce sandwiched in pikelets and served with ice-cream. Not particularly healthy but pretty tasty ;)

While I was out the previous afternoon, Chris had been busy getting the kids to paint and draw a book for me. It was called 'we love mummy' and had sentences with what the kids did each day with me and they had done pictures to go with each sentence. Chris had laminated and bound the book for me too. I love the fact that it was something the kids had a hand in making.

We have a policy that we only give presents that the kids have made for us for Mother's and Father's day. I really don't see the point of the husband going out and buying something for the kids to give on Mother's Day. To me, Mother's Day is about celebrating the special role I have as a Mum and my relationship with my kids and for them to give me a present that they have made just melts my heart. Here's some photos of the book:







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails