Sunday, February 26, 2012

New word for the dictionary

Don't you love it how kids are always making up their own words? We've had quite a few over the years but the latest word the kids have made up just makes me want to laugh every time I hear it (and also makes me cringe - especially when I am the person being called this word!!) So here it is - the official dictionary definition of this new word...

Bummy (adj) (verb): Used to describe something that is broken or not working as intended. Or to describe a person who is doing something wrong. Examples of use 'This is a bummy tower.' 'You are bummy.' Can also be used as a verb 'The tower just bummed' (ie. the tower just fell over).

I wonder how long the novelty of this word will last?

What funny words have your kids come up with?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails