Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 5 of Craft project a week: re-purposing old sheets


Jacob starts school tomorrow (how did he get so big?!) so this week I've been sewing things for him for school. He will have rest time at school so parents have been requested to provide a sheet set which is what I've been busy making. The sheet set is basically a single bed sheet cut in half and sewn together again with a section folded over at the top to fit a small pillow - almost like a sleeping bag (and I've been thinking they would make great inners for sleeping bags too - to stop them getting so dirty!) Once I convinced Jacob to try it he loved it!

Jacob loved his sheet set - can you tell?!

And, of course, Esme had to have a go too!

The sheet I used for Jacob's set was an unused sheet we had in the linen cupboard but the op shop is a great place for getting sheets to re-purpose. I also found a doona cover at our local op shop that I turned into some drawstring bags - they are so easy to make and are great for storing all sorts of items. I made a small bag for Jacob and Esme each for them to leave at school/Kinder with their spare clothes and a bigger bag for storing Jacob's sheet set. And I still have heaps of leftovers to make other things with - not bad for only a few dollars!

The three drawstring bags I made

I also found a gorgeous purple doona cover at the op shop that I have plans for in the future - but you'll have to wait to find out what I do with it!

1 comment:

Hirowear said...

Great reaad thank you

Related Posts with Thumbnails