Friday, April 9, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham

Jacob's favourite book at the moment is 'Green Eggs and Ham' by Dr Seuss. He just loves it and chooses it religiously every evening at bedtime. This morning when we were talking about lunch he announced that he wanted 'green eggs and ham'. So, I thought I would humour him by actually attempting to make it! I ended up making scrambled eggs and cooking bacon and added just a bit of food colouring to make it green (although someone suggested afterwards that I could have used pesto to help colour it - probably a better option than food colouring!!) Jacob helped with the cooking process (he's getting so good at cracking eggs these days, I don't have to do a thing!) and was very chuffed with the results. His lunch disappeared in about two seconds! I, on the other hand, found it a tad off-putting eating green food ;)

Stirring:

Cooking:
The final product:
Taste testing:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails