Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making Sushi

I'm a bit over all the usual lunches we have at the moment. It's not that they're unhealthy or anything but it was time for a bit of a change! So I decided to make some sushi (or nori-maki to be more accurate) for lunch. It was a bit of an experiment. I am well acquinted with sushi from my days in Japan but unfortunately never learned to make it myself! Jacob and I had a lot of fun trying though and I think they've turned out ok. The important thing is that they taste pretty yummy.

The start of our sushi. We chose to put carrot, cucumber, tuna and avocado in ours, with a little bit of mayonaise underneath. Then we rolled this up in some seaweed using our bamboo mat.


We laid out another piece of seaweed and spread it with some rice, probably about halfway up the seaweed sheet. We put the roll we'd already made in the middle and rolled it up again.


Voila! Fresh sushi. Oh so yummy! I'm very impressed with how they look!



Jacob was very proud of our efforts! His smile says it all I think!

1 comment:

Sue Walker said...

I am not a fan of Sushi, but I think with that ingrediants could become one! Fantastic effort!

Related Posts with Thumbnails