Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Window painting

I haven't really been feeling like doing much lately so this week I opted for an easy activity with the kids - window painting! The kids loved it because they thought they were doing something they weren't allowed to! I used powdered tempera paint for the paint as I had some old containers of it lying around (you can buy tempera paint from art and craft shops though - they are useful for a whole lot of different kid's activities which I'll hopefully get around to doing in the next few weeks).

Jacob and Esme get to work!

Window art - we used blue, green and red paint. The kids enjoyed mixing up the colours and seeing what other colours they could make too.

The great bit about this activity is that the clean up is just as much fun as the actual activity - give the kids paintbrushes with water and they are happy to 'paint' it off!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I've been meaning to do this for a while. My windows definitely need cleaning. It looks like your kids had fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails