Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Mending Basket

The mending basket - No, that's not actually all of it but it's a start!

I don't know about anyone else but we seem to accumulate a lot of broken things around the house. From clothes that are missing buttons, to broken cups and books that have torn pages - you name it, we have it! Most of these things are fixable but the problem is I tend to put them in random places around the house and never get around to fixing them. Usually I get so frustrated with the 'junk' that we have that I just end up tossing them in the bin. What a waste!

This year I have decided to have a 'mending basket'. Anything and everything that needs fixing around the house will go in the basket and at least once a month I have resolved to sit down and fix things. I'm hoping that by doing this, things WILL actually get fixed and won't just get thrown away. In this basket will also go clothes that need to be re-purposed as well (pants with holes that can be made into shorts, things I have bought from the op-shop that are not-quite-right, etc).

I've already started on the mending basket today - it's a great feeling getting some of those jobs that have been on the 'to-do' list for ages completed!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails