Sunday, June 20, 2010

Belgrave Lantern Parade

Every year for the Winter Solstice, the local community art society run a lantern parade. It's a huge event. The main street is closed off for a couple of hours and hundreds of people come with their lanterns to join in the procession. There's a real community spirit involved with the whole event. This was our first year to go as a family. It was a fun evening watching all the beautiful lanterns that individuals and community groups had put together for the event. However, I think I got more out of it than the kids did. Jacob was more excited by the train trip to the event than the actual thing! I guess that's the way it goes with kids though ;) Here's a collection of photos from the evening...





1 comment:

Sue Walker said...

What a fantastic idea! You all look very snug, I love Belgrave it has a lovely community feel about it! I wish we had something like that here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails