Thursday, June 24, 2010

Birthday Bargains

Yesterday I turned 31. It was a bit of an anti-climax after the big 30th celebrations last year but I still had an enjoyable day! I left both the kids at their grandparents yesterday afternoon (Jacob spent the whole day there) and headed off to Savers in Dandenong. For those that don't know, Savers is like a chain of op shops. And they are HUGE! I was overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff in the shop when I walked in yesterday. I only had time to look for myself (which was probably a good thing!) In the end, I came out with 2 short sleeved tops, a coat and an awesome pair of Levi jeans (and they look almost new!) for $25

Here's some photos of my finds:





I collected the kids from their grandparents on my way home, had a cupcake and candles for my birthday there (Jacob had helped make them) and then Mum and Dad brought take away up for dinner a bit later which was lovely - no cooking required by me!

And, seeing this is a birthday post, here's a picture of me and the kids with my cake...

2 comments:

Sue Walker said...

Oh Yum at that cake and well done on the clothes! Is that a Chris original cake? I love op shops I recently brought the boys some pure wool clean blankets for $13 and they are so warm! Re-use I love it!

Narelle said...

Yep, that's our traditional family birthday cake! It's sooooo good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails