Monday, June 21, 2010

Tactile Tuesday

I always have the best intentions to do lots of tactile stuff with the kids. In my work as a special education teacher pre-kids I used to do lots of this sort of stuff. I used to teach kids that were non verbal and had quite significant physical and intellectual disabilities so tactile experiences formed a lot of their educational experiences. And it used to be so fun! I just find, as a mother, I get stuck in a bit of a rut. There's always some excuse as to why I can't organise an activity for the kids. I'm tired. I've got other things to do. I don't want the kids to get messy. There's not enough time. Like I said, always an excuse!! So, I've officially declared Tuesday as our 'tactile activity' day and I'm committing to blogging about the activities we do each week. Hopefully that will keep me motivated to actually organise something each week!

Stay tuned tomorrow for my first 'Tactile Tuesday' blog post...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails