Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Taking things at a slower pace

It's school holidays here at the moment, so the kids and I are enjoying some lazy days at home. And I have to say, I love it! During the term we are just so busy and it's nice to be able to just sit back and take things at a much slower pace. I've been able to do lots of stuff with the kids that I wouldn't normally get time to do. Things like cooking, gardening and lots of hands on messy activities.

The thing that amazes me the most is that I am really enjoying their company! During the term I feel like I am always rushing to get the kids out the door by a certain time and hurrying them along to the next activity. This ends up with one frustrated Mummy and upset kids because they've been rushed. The kids inevitably end up tired and grumpy during the day which leads to more arguments between them and me having no patience to deal with them! Can you see how it all has a ripple effect ;)

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy all the activities we do but I think sometimes we get too caught up in the general 'busyness' of life and it's nice to have a break sometimes!

One week to go and then it's back to the usual hustle and bustle!! In the meantime, you'll find me at home with the kids, enjoying their company!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails