Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Slime

This week we've been playing with slime! Jacob really loved this activity and spent ages playing with it. The slime has quite a pleasant texture, much nicer than the goop we made a couple of months ago!

Jacob scoops up some slime and watches as he tips it back into the container.

I put out a whole heap of different kitchen utensils for the kids to use in it, including ladles, scoops, spoons and a whole funnel. The favourite thing was this though, a waterwheel. Jacob was quite interested in watching the slime ooze down onto the wheels to make them move.

Watching the slime drip from his hand

Rubbing his hands together to see what the slime felt like. Jacob kept saying it felt like 'shampoo' and all soapy.

Here's the recipe in case you want to try it yourself!

Slime

Ingredients

1 cup Lux soap flakes
2 litres of warm water
Food colouring

Method

Dissolve soap flakes in warm water in a large plastic container. Add food colouring. Allow mixture to stand until it becomes thick; add more water if necessary (I made ours a couple of hours beforehand but it probably would have been better left longer, even overnight!)

Visit We play at Childhood 101 for more great play ideas

6 comments:

amandab said...

We loved playing with goop, so I am sure we would love this too! :) A waterwheel would make it even more interesting and fun I am sure :)

Narelle said...

Definitely :) We love our waterwheel! Not bad for something I picked off the hard rubbish collection lol!

Philippa said...

That looks like fun! we have tried shampoo paint before and the kids loved it so I am sure they would love this type of slime

Catherine said...

We made this slime recently and I thought it had such a nice texture. I like your idea of adding the water wheel to the play.

Marita said...

Using the waterwheel is a really clever idea. It looks like lots of fun. My girls would really enjoy it.

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

And it smells soooo good. I must remember to try this one with Immy, the children I used to teach loved it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails